Hey Strong, Empowered and Classy People!
We have another recipe!!! Life can be so busy and sometimes we can forget that we need to eat. This dish was created after a long day of work and I realized I was hungry, tired and didn’t feel like going grocery shopping. This meant I had to work with whatever I had in the refrigerator. So I was winging it! I pulled down the hamburger to let it thaw the night before, thinking I would buy a bag of fries or spaghetti noodles, or sauce and vegetables the next day to either have cheese burgers or spaghetti or even make tacos. I couldn’t have been thinking straight because my schedule had been hectic all week and I didn’t properly plan on being lazy. But yeah, thank God I pulled down the burger. Check out the simple yet delicious dish I made after work, without running to the store!
Loose Hamburger Recipe
2 slices of Rye Bread
1/4 lb of Ground Beef
1/2 cup of Minced Onion
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of garlic pepper
1 slice of pepper jack cheese
1. Crumble the ground beef in a large skillet
2. Add salt and garlic pepper to the meat
3. Add the onion
4. Start cooking at medium temperature
5. Stir and flip to break up the big lumps, until the meat is brown and no longer pink, then turn down the heat to low temperature
6. Toast your two bread slices either in the oven on broil or in a toaster
7. Once the bread is toasted to your liking, add mayonnaise to each slice, and add a slice of pepper jack cheese to one
8. Place a scoop of cooked loose hamburger meat on top of the slice of bread with the pepper jack cheese on it to let the cheese melt
9. Add some mustard to the meat and top the sandwich with the second slice of bread
10. Enjoy the deliciousness as you relax after working hard all day!
Making time to spoil yourself doesn’t have to be an extravagant occasion. Just simply decide not to stress and work with what it is in your possession. Life moves so fast when your not paying attention. I just want all the hard workers, realist and dreamers to remember to slow down and EAT. Manage your life responsibly and keep your belly full! Love ya! – @MsJaneThang
@MsJaneThang is actually Kristen Hayman, the founder of Jane Thang Productions, LLC. She is a Strong, Empowered & Classy young woman that writes poetry and stories that speak to the heart.